A new virus has swept the world
The 21st century is a century of new opportunities, inventions of new mobile technologies, as well as a century for creating something new and revolutionary. Today, all doctors of the world could not cope with only one disease – this is AIDS. But at the end of 2019, a new virus was discovered in China that was not known to anyone. This is coronavirus (COVID-19). Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses, this virus causes various spreading diseases, it can be a cold that looks like the flu, but the worst thing is that the infection can cause fatal pneumonia. Scientists have identified many coronaviruses. This is a large family that folds out of 39 viruses. Most of them cause disease only in animals.
You ask: “What about other viruses?” Other viruses, 7 of them, can harm a person. Let’s find out what viruses we should be aware of. 229E and OC43 are viruses that can cause the common cold but include severe forms of pneumonia and bronchitis. NL63 and HUK 1 these viruses cause respiratory diseases; people who have weak immunity are the first on the list who may be at risk.
These were simple viruses that most might encounter. The most dangerous are SARS, MERS, and COVID-19. SARS causes an unknown disease, severe pneumonia; it was this virus that caused a pandemic in 2003; most people were sure that this virus was created as a biological weapon. MARS This is the next virus that scientists have discovered, very similar to the previous one, most people still carry them, it also causes respiratory tract disease. And the last virus is COVID-19 because we see that the story is unfolding, this virus caused an outbreak of diseases all over the world, there is no cure for it, only recommendations on how to protect yourself, so as not to get infected.
What are the symptoms of the new coronavirus
Initially, COVID-19 has the same symptoms as other acute respiratory.
- Firstly, if you feel sick, namely a temperature higher than 36.6, cough, weakness, then consult a doctor to get the necessary advice.
- Secondly, if you or someone you know has other symptoms besides these symptoms, for example, it’s hard to draw, chest pain, very high fever, diarrhea, loss of consciousness, immediately call an ambulance.
- After you find these symptoms and call a doctor, you need to prepare for his arrival. Ventilate the room. If you have a mask, then put it on, it will protect you and the people who are next to you.
- Doctors will evaluate your condition and decide to leave you at home for self-isolation or send you to a hospital for treatment.
Recommendations on how to protect yourself from the coronavirus COVID-19
- Hygiene. One of the essential rules. There are many germs on our hands, so wash your hands often for more than a minute.
- One more rule. If possible, stay home. However, if you need to leave the house, then do not approach people, the distance is 1-2 meters.
- We all know that heat treatment of products is necessary to kill microbes, so do not eat raw meat products and eggs, then you will protect yourself from the possibility of getting sick.
- Wear gloves in crowded places. Do not stick your dirty hands on your face. If you are coughing, then do it not in the palm of your hand, but in a napkin or the elbow, it is so unlikely that you will spread germs.
- A lot of germs are on your phones, tablets, bags, glasses, so disinfect them.
- To maintain your immunity, eat a lot of vitamins, exercise, drink plenty of water, and then you will be healthy.
The World Health Organization has reported how coronavirus is transmitted
The virus does not circulate in the air. It is not capable of traveling long distances. The virus is only in the drops that a person inhales while coughing and sneezing.
Global practice shows that timely anti-epidemic measures, including quarantine, are quite useful in combating COVID-19. Most countries have introduced a strict quarantine regime to deter the spread of the virus and its rapid elimination. The Ministry of Health urges everyone to be responsible and to comply with quarantine conditions.
There is currently no evidence that pets, dogs or cats can become infected with the new coronavirus. But remember that you should always wash your hands after contact with your pet. Regular hand washing will protect you from bacteria such as E. coli or Salmonella, which can be transmitted from animals.
There is no cure for the new coronavirus; all that is advertised on the Internet is fake.
No, fruits do not have an infection, unless a sick person touched them before buying and you forgot to wash them before eating
No, do not believe in it; the incubation period of the virus is two weeks; while your package will go, the virus will disappear.